View Single Post
      06-28-2019, 09:59 AM   #53
pbar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 992 GTS, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I don't want to "feel" shifts. Whether it is an MT, a DCT, or a ZF 8Speed shifts should be smooth and virtually imperceptible. If you can feel the shifts so can the contact patches and if the contact patches can feel the shifts it can potentially upset the balance of the car.
I totally agree that 'aggressive' shifts are not a good idea when driving close to the limit... I don't use 'S3' at the track for this reason since an upshift close to the redline, even on a straight, can cause momentary loss of traction on the rear wheels.

I won't go as far as saying that I don't want to feel shifts. I know it's wrong, but I DO like it! People often want things that are bad for them

I think we can probably all agree that we care about having total control of the timing of gear changes, and whether there is a noticeable pause in power delivery.

If you (and a pro racing team) are happy with a race-tuned ZF8 from an M235 then that's promising. But I can say that when I drove a stock M235 with a ZF8 I was very underwhelmed.
Appreciate 0