Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
It's so hard to wrap my head around GM pricing.

I bought my C7 Grand Sport for $65,000. New, off the showroom floor with 20 miles on it, never been titled or registered. Sure, there's been a moderate amount of time that passed between the time it left the factory to when it came home to ME, it was fully within my expectation of what a fully loaded Corvette Grand Sport should cost (it had every option ticked on the build list except automatic transmission and a couple of the appearance package items. MSRP was $88K).

I've NEVER paid MSRP for any car in my life except the MZ4 Coupe. Heck I don't even recall paying published INVOICE price for any car in the last 20 years. So I fully do not expect to pay $73K for a C8 Stingray with 2LT and Z51 package. I suspect, within 2 years, that same car could be had off the dealership lot for less than $60K. The sweet spot for any non-ZR1 Corvette is between 18-25% off of MSRP.

There'll be early adapters and Corvette enthusiasts that WILL pay full MSRP and then some. In fact I suspect the next 12-24 months most Corvettes will be sold at MSRP or better. But GM's motto has always been to build them, build MORE of them, and build MORE of them FAST and let the dealership network take the brunt of it. If what some of the speculations are true, that the first few years they're expecting 50,000* units per year to be built, by early 2021 there'll be a glut of 2020 and early 2021 models stockpiling on the dealership floor.

And at that point with the impending release of the Z06 variant, price pressure and inventory glut there'll be massive, $10,000+ trunk cash to be had (like I did with the Grand Sport).

*There's not 50,000 sales to be had in this segment. Believe me.
Exactly, and that's in perfect economic conditions. We're ripe for a pretty large correction/recession here as well, 50k would be an absolute impossibility then.
AND I love GM for doing it.

Case in point...

I paid 73k for my M3, which was a big disappointment.

I paid $47k for my 2 SS 1LE. DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!! You spend some seat time in it and put it through its paces, and it's easily the cost of the M3.

Who doesn't want to pay less for me and feel they got a great value for their money.

GM please keep whoring them out and discounting the shit out of them.

C8 Grand Sport, see you in 3 years
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 2
N54Yankee2707.00
Rmtt8211.00