10-26-2019, 06:20 PM   #144
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
For many years it was easy to walk into any store and buy a Rolex. This has only changed in the past 5 years. Why? Social media garbage.

I just bought a Jaeger LeCoultre and every shop I went to try and peddled me a Rolex and I laughed....it's as generic as a luxury watch gets IMO. The fact that it's heavily copied is true; but doesn't make it any more appealing to me.

The fact is, BMW in 2019 is not the same as BMW in 1989 or even 1999. They aren't making cars that are invincibly cool; they are making cars to sell a badge. There's nothing inherently "cool" about BMW right now, IMO. As uncool as Kia/Hyundai seems it's not that far off the BMW track as you seem to think...
You're a funny chap, the JL can be viewed as uncool as well, I raise you my imaginary A. Lange & Sohne. Since when is the cool factor a requirement for car purchase lol. Epic nonsense, the 3er was never a cool car, a Bugatti can be considered cool but not a BMW, unless we are talking about an M1. BMW is in the business of selling mass produced cars and turning a profit, that has always been the case.