11-22-2021, 02:37 PM   #6
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M sport 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funboy78 View Post
I know someone at BMW locally (known for many years through different dealerships). I popped in to see him a good few weeks back and he mentioned a few interesting points, especially around the ‘chip’ shortages and ‘delays’!!

He said they had all been told (by management) to sell cars and commit to December, knowing full well they couldn’t deliver! This is for sales figures, and then they are told when the customer chases after production fails to happen on time to then give the usual blurb of “sorry, delays in chips and manufacturing” knowing full well they have the upper hand.
When I mentioned bad business and just peeing off customers he agreed, but that’s what they’ve been told to still get new sales.

Take that as you will. Just what I was told when we caught up in general and talking cars.

@op - regardless, BMW are not the only ones. I know it must be painful but the wait will be worth it long run. I’m really inpatient trust me, so easy for me to say as I would cancel and buy one available now. But Ive also lost loads on cars so I’m nothing to go by lol…… hang in there mate
Interesting but me and OP bought these cars months ago surely they aren't sand bagging as far back as ourselves, allot of unhappy clients you would think, anyhow I have resigned myself to it might arrive before next Christmas
Appreciate 0