11-22-2021, 03:55 PM   #9
gashead76
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M sport 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish0177 View Post
Ordered Aug, told definitely by Christmas, then definitely Jan, now showing definitely March….

Like many others, I could live with a delay in production if having been given an extended build date BMW then stuck to it. Once in the system you would think the ordering system would kick in so when build date arrives the factory has all the necessary parts to complete the car. I would think this forward scheduling of stock at the right time is likely complicated and would or could not be freely extended without possible worries or issues in supply at short notice. We all know about the chips but I don’t think this is the whole picture. I have no idea why cars ordered are slipping but it is really disheartening for those with orders in.Again just a complete lack of communication to the customer.
For me I will hang in until March and see what happens, meantime I will get the winter tyres back on the golf R and see winter in Aberdeenshire past.
For OP, I feel your pain and would share your worry. I have no idea if BMW can just cancel orders but I would hope not. Hoping you get some joy in finding an answer soon to put your mind at ease.keep us all in the loop.
OP, Scottish0177, think we are all going for a g21 m340i? Myself ordered in June with a October build then slipped to November now sometime in January, I suspect january will be pushed further, delays, deletions and I am still sticking in their, I will be seriously if they should cancel after this!!!!
Appreciate 0