View Single Post
      10-17-2021, 08:47 PM   #100
karguy95
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
1. I have driven and ridden in a model 3. I'll pass. Don't like the interior and fit/finish.

2. I live in the Bay Area and have a house. Charging network matters not to me. For the most part US in general isn't ready for EV. Having to go somewhere and wait to charge is just a pain. Apartment buildings and where people park need to have charging installed. If you don't live where you have a L2 charging station at home a EV doesn't make a whole lot of sense. YMMV

3. Frunk? Really? The i4 has more storage even without a frunk and even more if you drop the seats.

Moving out of California? That's a personal thing when my tax dollars and Ca. tax breaks allowed Tesla to actually thrive. He got huge tax break in Fremont for the old NUMMI plant and the associated buildings along with facilities in Stockton and Lathrop.

Ca is doesn't see Apple, Nvidia, AMD, Lucid, etc and others leaving. Elon was pissed because Ca. wouldn't allow him to stay open during the initial stages of Covid. whatever. Elon is a big baby. Rich but he's still a big baby that throws tantrums and doesn't know how to STFU which is why he's always in trouble with the SEC.

The TM3 a better car? That is subjective and based on your checklist of features. Fit and finish matters to me. I don't like fake leather. I don't like a choice of either black or white for interior colors. I don't like the color selection or the exterior or the paint quality.

I don't like the false marketing of L2 ADAS as autopilot and full self driving.

I have a nephew that worked at Tesla for several years and he said he might would buy a Model S or X but never a Model 3.

If you don't like the i4; don't buy one. But don't come to a BMW forum dedicated to an i4 and think you can come here touting your praises for a TM3 and go unchecked.

TM3, ad nauseum. Yawn.

The Chevy Bolt offers better value than a TM3.
Yes, I own one.
In the end you basically proved my point. You are biased because you're a BMW fan. But hey so am I. When most people were shitting on the new M3 for the grille i actually liked it. Your reply did not compare the two,you mostly said why you like the BMW more than Tesla the brand not even the i4.

In conclusion, my unbiased argument was that the Model3P is an overall better Car for the package than the i4 M50, right now anyways.

Personally i see no reason to let go my M3P for a i4 im most likely going to get an LCI G80 M3.

the Model 3 gives you more out of being a DD in my opinion. you mentioned how the US isn't ready for EVs. that is correct but the US is ready for Tesla's and that's a fact. can you drive aross the country in any Tesla? YES! can you do that with any other EV? (as easily) NO! especially your Bolt lol.
Appreciate 0