View Single Post
      08-16-2023, 01:58 PM   #9
MarkOK
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M440i Convert.

I just took my lawn mower in for a warranty service. It took 3.5 hours of my life to deal with the phone calls, warranty authorizations, and getting it to the warranty service provider. And, I still am gambling that they don't deny the service because of one of numerous loopholes the warranty provides, and who know how long before I get that mower back. I'll probably have to buy a new mower just because it would be the cheapest of possible options to get through a month+ wait for the 'warranty service' to be complete.

That is the case whenever I try to use a warranty. Headaches, pains, loopholes and exclusions.
So, in all honesty, if a warranty comes with a produce -- great, I will try to remember that. But no way in heck am I going to fork over real cash for a 'possible' paid warranty claim later (with much difficulty involved, no doubt). I scheduled my BMW process at closing time. We were there until 30-45 minutes past closing getting everything signed. So when the options came I put no to everything, they were like "okay cool, let's get out of here".
No regrets.

-- The no hassle at closing the deal was the only thing my BMW dealer (the one in OKC) did right. The rest of the process was very frustrating -- we waited half a hour+ to talk to sales staff we had an appointment with (and wouldn't let us talk to someone else), they were very rude about negotiation down the 5K markup over MSRP (which they initially tried to hide while telling us to sign the price agreement document), they had nothing by xmodels on the lot at the time with nothing in the color or trims that we wanted to see in person (their ordering person buys nearly everything in black or white with shadowline packaging and the smae grey wood interior trim options). After ordering, we had a total lack of communication about the order progress, and though they said we were 'first in queue for an allocation', they somehow got several 4 series cars for the lot in the 4-7 months after our order was placed before we got ours finally delivered so I am quite sure they punted us down the road several times. Complete opposite of my experience buying a toyota across the street from there 10 years ago where everyone was super awesome up until the package add-ons to which the finance guy was very pushy about. Anyways, going to try the 'other dealer' in the state for my service work.

Last edited by MarkOK; 08-16-2023 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0