View Single Post
      06-06-2018, 05:23 PM   #13
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Now that I drive a small, fast car that can overtake people and cyclists with relative ease, there are far fewer things on the road that really annoy me.

Also, I have accepted that I'm a bit of an arsehole on the roads, there's a stretch of road on my commute with about five roundabouts on it; each of which I take at about double the speed of the normal flow of traffic, so I can overtake about 3 cars per roundabout using the outside lane. I don't do it for any reason except that it's fun .. and I recognise that this behavior probably pisses off a lot of other motorists who are just in for a mindless easy commute. ... knowing that makes me far more forgiving of others' injustices.

However, there are two things:

1) Someone who cuts you off then goes slowly.

I have no problem with the guy in the V8 who pulls out in front of me on an empty highway who then proceeds to gun it and speed off in the distance; or at the very least, get up to highway speed before he meets my front bumper. But that guy who decided to merge in front of me into a tiny gap, that then wants to 10kph below the limit? WTF!

2) People who wait behind the line at lights, then don't enter the intersection on a yellow light.

Okay, this should have been covered in your basic road training - Three cars can turn right (left for you US folk) from the centre of the intersection after the oncoming traffic has stopped on every rotation of the lights. If you're at an intersection turning across oncoming traffic and you wait patiently behind the white line, waiting for a written invitation to enter the intersection; at some intersections you'll be waiting for many cycles of lights before there's a gap for you to go.

GET IN THE GODDAMN INTERSECTION AND CLEAR IT ON THE YELLOW/RED!

... and to a lesser extent people who slow down for a green then stand on the anchors the second it goes to orange. JUST GO!
Appreciate 2
cjb7621221.50