04-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #55
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
Yet another baseless analysis. You're certainly entitled to have those opinions, but none of those are facts. He took Red Bull to the "next level", from not WC to WC. His skills in traffic were exercised much more often at BMW Sauber and Torro Rosso, than HAM at his teams. His "mistakes" are his desperate attempts to get ahead of a faster car, before it drives off into the sunset.
I saw some great drives by Vettel in the Toro Rosso in 2008 (didn't he take Toro Rosso's only pole position, and win...ever?), especially in the rain! He became known for his rain skill back then, even temporarily stealing Hamilton's 2008 title from him when he passed Ham in the rain in the last couple laps at Interlagos. He went on to become the youngest pole sitter, race winner, and world champion (only one of those records has been beaten thus far, although I can foresee Leclerc beating the latter since he's gotten a Ferrari seat so early in his career). He was very close in 2009 as well, missing out by only a couple positions in the second to last race if I remember correctly, after a big drive through the field.

The fact that he hasn't been as impressive in recent years doesn't negate his achievements in my opinion.
Appreciate 1
MassNerd171.00