View Single Post
      06-09-2019, 08:20 PM   #54
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic1 View Post
The stewards have all the telemetry, all we see are steering inputs in the replay. VET has a tendency of staying in the throttle and likely contributed to the unsafe reentry.

In the end, it was still a fun race to watch, but we all wanted to see the winner decided on track, not by the stewards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Yes Vettel lost control of his car which caused him to unsafely re-enter the track. Therefore a penalty. He went all the way left to right. He did also technically cut the corner.

Not lifting going off doesn’t help his case. He clearly was attempting to stay in front while going off. You can see him still in it as he switches back to asphalt, he then loses the rear.

All this doesn’t happen if Vettel doesn’t bend yet again under pressure.
I kinda get what some are seeing here. He lost control on the transition off the grass, because he didn't lift. I thought about if this was practice how would he have approached the off? He would have completely lifted at the first apex of the chicane knowing he wasn't making the second apex. He would not have entered the track out of control. Well the Vettel fans then say "it is a race". Exactly it was a race, he took a gamble and stayed on the load pedal through the grass. It didn't work out resulting in him shooting across the track on entry. I guess I see both sides. Unfortunate for Ferrari I think they have a curse this season.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 06-09-2019 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 2