Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicfalc09 View Post
I installed the M Performance Carbon Fiber Mirrors today for my G20 M340i. This installation is not as straight forward as previous models as you will see below. There would be further mirror disassembly required if I did not break the clips. See below:

Step 1 - Pop the mirror off by tilting it all the way up from the electronic controls and use a plastic trim tool to pry off.

Step 2 - Locate the 4 screws shown here to remove black gloss shroud from mirror.

Step 3 - Remove an additional two screw that attach mirror cover to lighting strip.

Step 4 - Pull mirror cover away from vehicle the only tabs still holding it on are the 3 at the bottom of the mirror cover that I broke when pulling off.

Step 5 - Attach lighting strip to new Carbon Fiber mirror cover with screws. Re attach mirror cover to mirror assembly ensuring all clips engage. Re attach mirror connections and electronics.

BMW M PERFORMANCE CARBON FIBER MIRROR CAP

https://www.bmwpartspros.com/sfimage...mage242006.jpg
Outstanding instructions! I performed this mod on Sunday and I would never have attempted it without your guide! Thank you for blazing the trail. I was planning to have the dealership do the work... so your efforts saved me at least $100 or more. Thank you! Knowing what I know now, the only thing I would have done differently is wrap painters tape on the mirror edges after popping out the glass...Got a few small scratches to buff out from the rubbing of the mirror on the inner housing during reassembly. Otherwise, amazing outcome all around!!
Appreciate 1
vicfalc09211.00