Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
Scott,

You feel BMW still has the same excitement behind the ///M brand as it once did?
Of course he does!

And let me tell you about the sales numbers of the BMW minivan, I mean 2 series whatever itÂ’s called. Or BMW i3 ...wait, nevermind about that.
Without the sarcasm of course.

BMW has lost its way. Sometimes economics force our hand but with so many new models and variants now available, I do not see the need to take the ///M brand and make them parts bin vehicles.

One thing I always disliked about MB was they used the same AMG engine on nearly all cars from a C to an S, same wheels, same exhaust look, it was very cookie cutter. The M brand on the other hand, stood on its own and always had something special about it.

I don't have so much beef with the M5. I think it looks great, sounds great, beautiful engine and power curve and the new M-Drive AWD will transform that car. The new 8 looks incredible too and can't wait for the M8 version to be released. The new X5 looks very promising as well, although I do not like the fact you need a $15K premium on the X3 and new X4 in order to get a 6-cyl engine, so we are looking at other options for the wife's SUV. But the M3 I feel has gotten the worse of it.

Why not introduce a powerful, exclusive, great sounding 3.2L TT V6 for your best selling M platform?
FSociety3812.50