05-29-2020, 11:21 PM   #27
projekt7
hoonigan
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaNonGrata View Post
Yeah, thanks....

I checked out your IG. Man, that is a gorgeous color and those wheels, just incredible. Being in SoCal I think it needs a nice tint all around but I get that you being in Vancouver, you’ll get all sorts of tickets for front tint and no front plate. Got to make sure those speed cameras get you!

Question about your suspension setup: How is the combo of ACS springs with stock shocks? Do they seem to work well together?
Vancouver has definitely become a lot less fun for car enthusiasts these days. You have no idea how careful I had to be driving around town with my F80 with MPE. They hand out vehicle inspection notices left and right.

The ACS springs work pretty well considering it's a springs-only setup. Body roll is noticeably reduced and personally I feel more connected to the road. Around town, I find the ride a touch stiffer than stock, but my co-pilot says the change is unnoticeable. At higher speeds, the car feels flatter and inspires more confidence. Over bigger undulations, you do feel the effects of the reduced suspension travel, but that's to be expected with any lowering spring.

I chose ACS mainly because they don't lower the car too much - I wanted to retain as much compliance as possible while getting rid of the wheel gap. This car is my daily driver, and I find the ride and handling balance with the springs to be excellent for that purpose. If I tracked my car or added more power, I would move to coilover setup.
Appreciate 0