View Single Post
      11-22-2020, 09:52 PM   #97
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Run Silent Thanks for the details! Which country is this?

NorCalAthlete Love the avatar! Also, are you bound to the bay area? Not sure how living there will help you retire in 10 years. The real estate is absolutely ridiculous there. If there was some gem of a reason to be there, it'd make sense, but ... I just don't get it. (and this comes from someone who will never leave Orange County where people complain constantly about housing)
Tied here for family reasons for the foreseeable future. I figure probably at least another 10-20 years.

Way I see it though, if I can make it to retirement here, I'll be well set for anywhere else in the country (if not the world. I have family and friends in Switzerland and wouldn't mind retiring there...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
NorCalAthlete Interesting that you are seeing prices come down.

Do you spend time on early-retirement.org or bogleheads.org? There are some perspectives on the retirement topic on those sites. The basic principles on those sites are good, and each person needs to create their own plan based on their particular situation. Take some of what is posted on those sites with a grain of salt, like any internet forum.
I don't....guess I'll have to scope them out. I read r/fire and r/fatfire among others.
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1136.50