Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 M50  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
You can order a comp model M4 now, some dealers have dec and jan build allocations, the base and comp are being released simultaneously. If you ordered an m440 the timeline wouldn't be significantly different maybe 4-5 weeks sooner depending on dealer allocations around you. (but price will be different lol)

It is the xdrive models that production does not start until July next year.

I want an xdrive model M3 but need a new car by dec instead of waiting the year I leased an m340. It's a great car but it's not the same as full m
Those Dec and Jan build allocations will likely be held at port, typical for most new chasis launches. I believe the consensus is they'll start actually being delivered in March. This would be similar to the G22, which went into production in July and was held up until just recently.

Regarding price, I thought about an M440 to hold me over until I could get an M4 with MxDrive after driving all the variants, getting a better discount, etc., but really with how I would spec an M440, I could get a stripped down M4 for just a couple grand more without compromising much, and even spec'd out comparably (before I add carbon buckets and such), you're talking about around 8k more (71k vs 79k for me).

Some reviews of the M440 say it stays a lot flatter when cornering than the M340, which should solve my main driving concerns because I'm not a big fan of the M340 for that reason. For me, the bigger personal issue is that I can't stand the seats and leather options in the lower trim cars, I paid dearly to get out of two cars because I didn't want to put up with the cheap feel of the interior compared to a higher trim or model. Unless it was something I wouldn't daily like a M2C for weekend or track duty, I won't get another BMW again without merino or nappa leather, with it at least being extended as well, but likely full.
Appreciate 0