View Single Post
      01-04-2020, 01:01 AM   #72
johninaustin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwillnj View Post
For the F series and I thought for the G series also there were hundreds of other smaller changes that needed to be made to make this work properly. Was it really just a recode after removing the VO disable code?

Also, I might have missed this, but do you have the lasers in your car?

Alex.
For the F series, this is all you had to do.

When you do it this way, dealer software updates won't affect you - your lights continue to work. All the right settings in all of the sub modules are set for you based on your vehicle order. (I did this on an F10 M5 - you could see the lights working. The lights swiveled around oncoming vehicles, and the beams split around vehicles in front.)

The alternative is coding each module manually. You lose this coding if you get a software update at the dealer.

For the G series, I don't know... but my guess/hope is that it would work fine.

I have a G20 on order - when I get it I'll give it a try (week 4 production). Maybe we can figure a way to perform a diff of the module settings before & after the change to isolate the differences in each module.

Either way, it doesn't hurt to try it. You can always set the VO back to factory settings if it doesn't work as expected.
Appreciate 0