01-14-2020, 10:38 PM   #128
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bquatt View Post
I might do the dyne tune eventually depending on the OTS tunes available. I plan on keeping my 330 for a long time, so for me it would be worthwhile to have a top notch tune. Definitely makes sense on your end to not drop that type of coin on a lease. I'm content with it as is right now though, it's plenty quick and is a great handling car. Glad your butt dyne confirms the JB+ is doing it's thing. Maybe I'll look into that in the mean time while I wait for a proper tune. Does it feel factory or does the boost hit you in the face at once?
My stock 330i didn’t have turbo lag (coming from an A4 B9 which had slight turbo lag). With the JB+, I can feel the lag before the turbo kicks in. When the turbo kicks in, it feels like the front end is going to lift off the tarmac and do a wheelie well not that much but still. It feels like the turbo kicks harder which makes it seem like the car has turbo lag now (lag when the turbo hasn’t spooked up). I’m the city, it feels stock.
And if you plan on keeping the car then yes. I’d spend that money on it, especially if it comes with a warranty. Else, $400 a year ($1200 for three years of fun) doesn’t sound too good to my wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor2010 View Post
So JB+ doesn’t alter any other parameters except increasing boost? No timing, no fuel mixture, nothing?
Nope. It only increases the boost and nothing else. Fools the car into thinking it is in someplace that is at a much higher altitude.
I would’ve got the JB4 but the install looked crazy. That’s why I didn’t get it.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0