01-15-2020, 10:52 AM   #130
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor2010 View Post
Thanks for the reply LJ. Not sure it’s wise I mess with that with only 91 AKI fuel and very hot and humid weather, sounds like a recipe for knock and detonation.
I agree. But I’ve spoken to quite a few people running JB+ (and most of them on the max setting) for months on end now and all of them said they haven’t had any issues whatsoever (No CELs, errors, limp mode etc) even in the summer. Which is what gave me the confidence to go for JB+. The only issue I read with JB+ was when someone got a bad box and another guy who bought a fake box (because he was tricked by the seller). Plus Terry is well known in the bmw community. And mike is a stand up guy.
Also, I’m running 93 AKI. Idk if that matters or not but yes. Car is performing flawlessly in these temps (it’s cold here). I even scanned my car for any errors yesterday and there were absolutely none. The car boosts harder and I can feel the difference. I’d say around 15-20hp at the wheels?

Edit - Sorry. I just realised you meant it wasn’t wise for you to mess with it. If you’re looking for a temporary boost in power (no tuning till you’re out of warranty), I’d recommend the JB+ at around the 50%? You can contact terry or mike if you have doubts. Mike is always ready to answer. I haven’t spoken to terry ever but I’m sure he’ll answer your questions too. I know guys running JB+ in the Middle East without issues and it gets insanely hot there (40+C days and high humidity).
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0