01-20-2020, 08:03 AM   #85
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwillnj View Post
Ok, so I went ahead and tried this. I have the lasers (exec package), I removed 5AP from the VO and module coded bdc_body3, kafas4, hu_mgu, and flm[43] and flm[44]. I initially had a failure on the flm modules because of a missing cafd file but shawnsheridan hooked me up with 4.21.20_PSdZData_Lite and I was able to code them. I drove it for about 20 miles, only on the highway last night and it was definitely working. I was actually amazed by how far the high beams can turn in relation to the car. It was slightly rainy and a little misty so I could see the beam a little, I was driving in the right lane at one point and there was a clear and defined cutoff line visible on the right lighting up the street signs, the light was coming out of the passenger headlight at almost a 45 degree angle from the car, it was very impressive. I was only on the highway and city streets with no possibility of the lasers firing for the entire journey so I was unable to verify their function but I will continue to test and report back with the results. So far I am very impressed, I don't know if it would be better with some additional coding but it seems to be working pretty good so far, again, first day with it but I'll report back with more information when I test more.

Thanks for doing the testing and letting us know. I'll try this tonight but being in NYC I won't be able to actually test it until I drive through some of the quieter parts of NJ.

Did you notice any of the tunnel effects when there was a car in front of you?
Appreciate 0