06-03-2020, 07:00 PM   #22
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
LOL. I laugh now only because expressing my frustration won't help. But that's exactly my thought before the whole engine blew up.

My C7 had a slew of little problems. Stuff that nag at me at the back of my mind, but I've always sort of put it aside because A) the car IS fun to drive and B) My BMW experience tell me anything, is that the internet blows sh*t way out of proportion. Like the bearing on the S54. Or VANOS problems. Or whatever else that should ail my BMWs.

To be honest, I got spoiled. I did. All of my BMWs except one and a half was pretty much trouble free. And the half that had a ton of issues, they were all emission related and covered under a much longer extended warranty (10yr/120,000 miles). So besides the 545i, which was a nightmare to own, all my BMWs all had nagging little problems that were addressed quickly and fixed correctly by the dealership in a few days. The LONGEST any of my BMWs spent at a dealership was 3 days, the 335D needing a new urea tank and that had to be ordered. And paid for by BMW.

Sure. The C7's entertainment and dash would randomly blink out and turn off completely. Happened 3-4 times. The heated seat stopped working. The leather on the dash delaminated. The roof liner fell off. Half the time the memory seat will only move it half of the way to the designated spot on egress and ingress, which is kinda embarrassing. The whole time I was like, "if something more drastic happens I'll bring it in and warranty will take care of it, I'd be out the car for a few days which isn't a big deal."

And they DID fix the dash and roof liner under warranty. No issues. So again, FALSE sense of security.

Then the engine blew up. You know the rest and the struggles I am facing now trying to get GM to do the right thing.

So yeah. No warm and fuzzies for me with GM and the Corvette. Although, when I passed the story to my buddy who owns a McLaren, his response was "b*tch hold my beer." His laundry list of issues with the McLaren was much, much longer than mine, and cost much, MUCH more, sort of the blowed up engine. So really, I shouldn't complain. At least I don't have a McLaren.

Yes he still owns it.
Pfffffft! At least you have a warranty. I'm freeballing!

Mine had the leather dash peeling issue, luckily I spotted that before I purchased it and dealer agreed to fix. That shit's also in the back of my mind!
Appreciate 0