Schn3ll
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 Carrera T

Garage List
2009 135  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteVTEC View Post
When the Mach-E came out, they were literally everywhere around here in the D.C. suburbs, but very quickly disappeared. I think people unloaded them just about as quickly as they bought them. Yeah, Ford reliability issues, recalls, software issues, and the complete lack of reliable public fast charging other than for Tesla's would be huge downsides.

So how do you both like the RAV4 Prime, and how long have you had it for? I have a colleague that's considering one. From what I've read, I've heard it makes the numbers but really isn't that good to drive as far as steering, handling, braking, etc. Kinda par for the course for the RAV4 though. I have a 2007 RAV4 V6 (my older car, bought back from folks, kids learning to drive on it) that's the same DNA. Good numbers but pretty awful driving demeanor.
Yeah the Mach E is a joke, just like virtually all of these first gen EV's.

The Rav4 Prime is great, have 5k miles on it in 5 months - it's a family SUV not a sports car so yeah it's not the most exciting driver. I have a 911 for my fun drives.

It has every luxury feature you could want in a car, and relaxing / easy to drive long distances and average 50+mpg - would be higher but my wife uses the whole 40 miles EV range before she even gets to work so about 1/2 the time the engine is running. If you have a short commute, 80+mpg is possible.

It's definitely better than the older Rav4 but driving dynamics are not on the Toyota priority list, it's a car that doesn't depreciate, never breaks and is extremely efficient. It's all 99% of people need and more. It's surprisingly quick though, 0-60 for the Prime is about 5.5 seconds.
Appreciate 1
SteVTEC313.00