klokan
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i, Portimao Blue

Picked up my 330i Msport yesterday

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Soooo... i picked it up.

330i Msport, Portimao blue, and lot of options, including leather dash.

Of course car is awesome, I need some time to absorb everything, because it's two classes above my previous F30 318d.

Black leather with white stitching (didn't like blue), 4KA wood trim open pored (turned out excellent!), max size screens, leather dash (looks fantastic), adaptive suspension, Msport LSD...

It's very nice and fast machine, but it's not a rocket. I mean, although i had 318d which was slow as hell, and this is much faster and punchier, there is no "wild" attributes that I can give to this car. I think it's the minimum power any BMW should have.

However, I think that, at least in Europe, it's perfect mix of daily driver, family car and a machine that owner, when in spirited mood, can enjoy. I understand why you guys in USA want M340i or M3. I drove F80 (rented in Munich for one day) and it's a different beast. But this is very well made car, and I think we'll all enjoy it a lot in the next 5 years. After all, it's not only about pure power...

There is one thing I'm really astonished with, though. Laser lights. I didn't know how to turn them on, and I drove last night, and thought "these lights are fantastic, but 600m my ass, they were lying, but awesome lights anyway". And then, one hour later, i realized how to turn them on.

OMG.

It was so shocking, I can't wait that it gets dark outside again. I'm not sure that any video or photo can describe how awesome these lights are on open road, when there are no city lights around. I also don't know are they the same in the USA like here in Europe (partial on-off when cars come towards you etc). But this is by far the feature I'm most impressed with on any car I ever had. I have never experienced night drive like this and I recomend it to everyone who drives at night, whatever the price, take that option.

Harman Kardon sound is one class above F30 H/K, at least. Especially shines because the cabin is so much quieter.

Vernasca is great, seats are great.

Steering is awkward, needs some time to getting used to (VSS) but much better than F30.

All being said, very happy with my purchase. If there are any questions - I'll be happy to answer.

Update:

Sorry guys, last few days have been busy, I'll try to do some pics tomorrow, it's dark outside now...

Ride is actually pretty decent, especially considering RFT tyres. However, i still have Michelin PS4 (non-RFT) on another set of wheels and I might put them on the car, just to see and feel the difference.

Wood trim is great, I hate when all cars have the same aluminum or piano black trims. In reality it's nice, feels good on touch.

About leather dash - yeah, it really looks great, bottom part is also leather, but the doors are no different than standard doors you get with leather interior. That's a bit of dissapointment, especially because the configurator shows the doors with upper part different.

It's a really, really solid car, I would never expect a 3-series to be like this. I would say it's maybe too solid - if someone would give me car like this few years ago and said "here, this is the new 5 series", I would say "oh, nice".
Attached Images

Appreciate 34