View Single Post
      11-26-2020, 10:00 AM   #10
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I could care less if BMW insults me. If it makes a car that I like at a fair price point, then I am interested; if the company doesn't, I can and will look elsewhere.
You could or could not care less?

The car is obviously important, but my early training was that relationships are best when one doesn't offend the other, and if it happens accidentally, one should apologize to address the error. My sense of self-respect is such that I would have found it conflicting to very much want the car, but become a customer of a company who figuratively spit in my face whether due to my age, ethnicity, religion, nationality, etc. I am currently having a house built and the builder has been absolutely kind, respectful, and friendly. That relationship is quite solid. I expect the same from the manufacturer of the second largest expenditure item.

I took my concerns to the CEO of BMWNA, and received a response and a second follow up from the VP of Marketing. This issue can now be ascribed to a myopic employee in Germany who managed their postings in the vast wasteland of twitter, for whom BMW has now apologized, and more importantly, put new measures into place to prevent a recurrence. That is the resolution I was hoping to find and I'm now back to focusing on the car, itself.
Attached Images

2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0