View Single Post
      07-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #65
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

In my home town there was a decommissioned catholic hospital, had been closed for at least a decade at the time. I got to know several local cops, and one of them shared that they had to patrol inside it on a routine basis, to keep homeless out, etc. He told me that he would be in there and elevators would be moving, and once had a gurney drift slowly down the hallway. Since he was a cop, he naturally investigated and found nothing, and no signs of squatters or anybody having broken in. This happened several times, and he confessed that by his third month on the force, he just did a walkaround and stayed outside. As I got to know other, older cops on the force I couldn't help but check, and all that I asked confirmed that they had had similar, or even creepier times inside (but nothing like your bottle-storm).

And on a tangent - a few years ago I heard a talk about subsonic noise (more like vibration at those low frequencies) that was supposed to explain a lot of this, potentially. The low amplitude energy forms eddies that are concentrated more in some areas of a structure or location, like waves on a pond that concentrate in a certain area (i.e. why some areas give you 'the creeps' and others don't). These seem to produce a physiological sensation of unease and anxiety, and they also make your eyeball fluctuate like a drumhead in time with the frequency (this can give you weird visual effects, especially in periphery). The vibrations can also cause items to vibrate or 'walk' across tables if they are strong enough, which is what tipped off these scientists. It all can be sub-threshold for hearing, so it is silent. Apparently these guys discovered this when nearby construction started suddenly producing a ton of this, and their flasks started 'walking'. Being scientists they were looking for a natural cause. They later went out and verified that some local 'haunted houses' were collection points for unusually high levels of subsonic energy.
Appreciate 2
Doc Oc1423.00
shay2nak1070.00