View Single Post
      05-26-2019, 03:17 PM   #6
Jbmw98
Private
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
It's fun to discuss the indicated and guessed looks and specifications of the new M3 but I will not make any decision until the final product is revealed. BMW still kept me as a customer when they removed my favorite characteristic of their cars, the perfect tuning and feel of their hydraulic steering. They kept my business when they took away the insanely good ( for a non super car ) high-revving NA V8 in the M3. Why? Because the M3 is still the best overall package for us who prefer the BMW approach to car making and driving. And the F80s chassis responses with the passive suspension is better than any BMW before it IMO. They take away and they give but in the end only Porsche can compete but the cost of ownership of the P-car is on another level.

If you leave, my bet is that you'll be back unless you comfortably can go 911CS or better.
I'm not saying I'm done for good, im currently deciding between an M3CS fully optioned or M3 Comp Pack, M5 Comp and even waiting for the M8 GC. But I need to look at what I would get into after I'm done with any of those cars. But again the M3 has always fit what I think a great M car is. They just dont listen to there actual customer base, rather pandering to foreign markets and completely changing design language. Hell, they are in the process of testing an M3 Wagon, yet we wont get that in the US...why? Because they just dont care, they dont bother having any of there marketing teams read these forums to see what people actually want. It's a damn shame.

I would also prefer if they kept the design language of the F8X, not this new styling.
Appreciate 0