View Single Post
      03-25-2024, 02:39 PM   #5
SevenNine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i Skyscraper Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelerec View Post
I have not installed a front plate on any of my vehicles for the last 10 years, other than my “boring” daily drivers I’ve had in the past, ie VW Jetta. However, with my 330i and M340i I have yet to be pulled over once for front plate or tint on all windows. I have clear heat rejection on front windshield and wouldn’t risk having a tinted front windshield. I think that would be definitely asking for trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM340iMiami View Post
You can barely tell at all the front has tint when it’s 70%. Just saying. I always put 70% on the windshield.
Yeah, I've heard from others that 70% on windshield is barely noticeable. I don't know if anyone has been pulled over for that though. But a clear heat rejection on the windshield sounds interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whofelt View Post
It really depends on where you’re driving, Motor cops will probably look for two or more reasons to pull you over, if you’re not driving like a fool, you should be OK.
I've never had a speeding ticket for 25 years in this country, while living in 3 different states. Even though I always drive 5-10 miles above the speed limit on local streets and 10-20 miles over the limit on freeways. I never had a radar detector either, but I'm considering getting one for the M340.

*knock on wood*

My only ticket for 10 years in LA was for not completely stopping on red light when making a right turn which I was caught for by video camera. Didn't even know there were cameras.

I don't see that many cops around where I live and drive. If they are looking for two reasons....well, tinted windows and no front plate are two reasons.
Appreciate 0