View Single Post
      07-29-2020, 10:49 AM   #33
purpl3ish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Velvet Orchid M3

Thank you everyone for all the feedback, negative and positive. I know the sound sometimes isn't for everybody, but every one has their own preferences.

I absolutely love the exhaust and do wish the car sounded more like this from factory, but I've got nothing but compliments on it so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EndOfAnEra- View Post
Awesome, looks and sounds great on your car! Quick questions:

1. What's the tip size? Maybe it's the black, it looks just a bit too big for my tastes.

2. When you say Comfort mode, you also mean engine in comfort setting in Sports individual? Or just vanilla Comfort?

3. Newbie exhaust question. Why do they say you should have resonated with an aftermarket DP? Isn't the resonator supposed to "smooth out" the sound regardless?

Thanks!
1. i don't know the exact tip size, but yes they're not small like the stock F80 M3 tips or anything, some people don't like them like this so AWE does offer an OEM tip option.

2. Straight up comfort setting.

3. That's just what AWE recommended, they recommended resonated exhaust with a downpipe, or non-resonated with OEM downpipe. So without resonators on an aftermarket exhaust + an aftermarket downpipe, it's extra loud.

If anyone here is coming to MPact East, say what's up I'll see you there!