View Single Post
      07-30-2020, 06:02 AM   #35
naywa01
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT Coupe

Garage List
I downloaded this last night (I'm based in the UK) on my iPhone.

It definitely has a fresher look, but also seems a fair bit simpler and doesn't look like it has all the functionality of the old app - maybe they'll add more as they go along? I did like the way they integrated the vehicle specific images throughout the app.

No issues signing into my account or getting it to link with my car, but a few observations:

- It didn't seem to prevent iPhone screen lock like the old app (but I tried it without the engine running, just ignition on, so maybe that's why?)
- The app didn't seem to retain any of the information from my car, like current mileage or fueling/range detail (again I haven't used it on a drive/with engine running yet)
- The app wouldn't let me save my preferred dealer, kept getting an error (I suspect the back-end servers aren't fully up to speed yet!)
- I couldn't access my iPhone (Apple) music library, although I seem to recall this doesn't work properly without the engine running (will test again the next time I drive it - working from home means I'm hardly using the car right now!)

I've actually retained the old app and will continue using that for now and maybe wait for a few updates on the new app.

For reference, this is on a 2016 (pre-LCI) M4 DCT Coupe, with an iPhone XS Max running iOS 13.6 and all the latest iDrive updates.
Appreciate 0