Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix; F30 328i msport

Garage List
2018 330i LCI  [0.00]
2020 G20 M340ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Thanks for the very detailed and comprehensive write up. You really hit the nail on the head when you mentioned how the front of the car is so overdone yet the side is full of soft body lines. It's as if the designers for the front, sides, and rear all worked in separate departments. As a whole the car is sort of a mess. Not profoundly ugly per say, but for sure a bad effort.

That's very surprising to hear this thing is nearly as large as the E63 6-series, which was in dealer showrooms as recent as a decade ago.

I don't know when they intend to make these cars stop growing. The whole point of getting a 2-series is to have the less practical, sportier BMW. If that thing grows in size and weight then doesn't that defeat the entire purpose? Porsche gets it with the Boxster/Cayman; they let the Macan/Cayenne appease to the public and generate volume while the small sporty cars remain true to their roots. The Mazda Miata is another example.
Very true regarding the design of the G22. Still can't understand how the designers at BMW could go from the sleek design of the F32 and somehow end up with the G22. IMO it's a total ballsup, The G22 is not ugly however in terms of the evolution of the F32 it's kinda gone from looking like a horse to a donkey!!
(No disrespect to donkeys!)
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
Germanauto9702.50