View Single Post
      11-04-2020, 02:00 PM   #2
timmedic
Rep
Drives: G20 330i xDrive

Hello helmet91, I followed your link here from the other post. I received the OTA yesterday around 1630 Central European Time in Germany. The version I am on is 07/2020.48. Before this update I didn't have a full fledged version of iDrive installed as I couldn't even navigate to where the software version should be listed. It wasn't grayed out or anything like that, it simply did not exist. The update completed around 1800 but I'm not 100% sure about this as I turned the car off. My car shows AA and Carplay installed and I can confirm that AA works with an Unlocked Galaxy S20 that I bought from the States. I have no way of testing Carplay as I don't have an iPhone but I have no reason to suspect that it won't work. Some things I've found using AA is that the connection between the car will fail if I have my VPN enabled on my S20. The VPN doesn't prevent the BMW from seeing the phone nor does it prevent the phone from seeing the BMW. They attempt to connect but the connection always fails if the VPN is on. Once it is off they connect flawlessly. I never got Connected Drive App to work before this (NA version or DE Version). I have not tried since the OTA because I'm afraid I'll brick it. My G20 is a 2021 model that I took delivery of about 2 weeks ago. I bought it through Bavarian Motor Cars and they installed European Maps prior to delivery of the vehicle. I did not buy mine off the lot, I had it built if that makes any difference.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
helmet91297.50
A6bullet337.00