11-17-2020, 07:53 AM   #17
A6bullet
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd004 View Post
I totally agree... I cannot believe BMW is just leaving the military/diplomatic community out of the equation when it comes to connected drive. Especially when it makes no sense why it wont work, clearly there are no hardware limitations. On the contrary it feels as if BMW just does not care and instead will give you their copy and paste excuse: "It will not work while your vehicle is out of the country...
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmet91 View Post
Do you think hooking the phone up to a US VPN server could trick the app into downloading the update??

I might try that this weekend.
So this is by far the biggest load of BS I have ever dealt with.

I got my car from Euler. last Q of 2019. They still had not figured out how to install EU maps to the car so they made me sign a paper saying i wanted US maps (this is irritating because as I found out, it completely negates your 1 time change "free" for maps). Right before I picked the car up, they managed to get a USB stick with EU maps and that works most of the time.

Like you guys I tried to get the CD to work. It was fruitless until i took my car in to get a KAFAS issue sorted at the local German dealer.
They updated my software version to 2020.03 which somehow activated my "receiver"? The car now connects to the network when there's a specific LTE+ band i think, usually found in more modern areas. I went ahead and registered in the US CD website and the code was sent to my car and a lot of things work, but not everything. Map and car updates being one of them.

I reached out to Euler about it and apparently no one knew a thing about it, they said it was not possible blah blah.

Maps wise, I asked again to see if they could finally install it in the car and they said it would be 500 euros.

Honestly would love to have AA in the car so i can use Google maps, since the car maps don't have live traffic anyway...

I think I will try the VPN thing as well and see how it goes.
F87 M2

G20 330i
Appreciate 1
helmet91297.50