Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4life View Post
You're funny I'm just messing with you.
But seriously 1 series and 2 series have been like that I guess from the beginning of those relatively new series.
But 3 and 5 , why go to these M- something something. Like they're trying to lure people in with a questionable association with real M cars.
What is real M to you and why do you care what anyone else does? If you are not aware, M performance vehicles are engineered by M, so while they may not have bespoke M engines, they are tuned and enhanced by M and that makes them real as far as I can tell, which is in contrast to M Sports which are primarily design enhanced and suspension upgrades. BMW is a business and they are very smart and follow the demands of their clients at large, not the minimal percentage that purchase full on proper M cars -and as we all know many perhaps most dare I say, only buy the M for the mythical prestige while never actually leveraging what the car performance is all about.

So they respond to the market demand for a more performance focused vehicle as compared to the standard vehicles which have skewed toward the luxury spectrum in terms of driving style and performance to compete with others in the marketplace. Hence M performance vehicles launched which provide exactly what most people who buy Ms historically really want anyway, and history shows that new lines in M peformance will have likely as much power as previous M cars, ala M550i and to come m340i. So theres a market and they fill the demand, smart business decision.

But it still doesnt matter to some, because this issue is not about the M performance cars, its about some M owners internal insecurities and posing, imho. What other reason could it be? I never understand why anyone else cares about what someone else has, and it reaks of petty insecurity and jealousy from my point of view. Ive owned many many bmws over the past 30 years, and have had the fortune to own an S85 M6 as well as an S55 M3 and guess what, I could care less who owned an M performance this or that or anything else because its not my business and not my life. If you want an M get and M, if you want M performance, go for it, it affects my life Zero. It affects my enjoyment Zero. Why it bothers so many is not only confusing and illogical, its silly. Enjoy what you have and dont worry about what I or anyone else has, it doesnt affect you or dilute your pleasure, it just makes a person look immature and insecure. Live and let live
Attached Images

Last edited by m630; 02-26-2019 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 3
fuxxo136.50