View Single Post
      10-06-2019, 02:26 PM   #1
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Sport Seats; Too Firm?

Had a chance to get into a couple of new 3-series and the F40 M135i on Saturday.

Both the M340i saloon and G21 M-sport touring seats seemed to be very firm, compared to any 3-series sport seats I've used before. I ran an E91 with sport seats for over six years, never had the feeling the seats were hard. Certainly not uncomfortable.

I'm thinking of an M340i touring as my next car, but I didn't find the seats at all comfortable. I spent a few minutes trying different seating positions, but the base just seemed too hard. Even the M135i seat was more comfortable.

Got back into my Five and thought, what a good sport seat, by comparison. To be honest was disappointed, as I've never found BMW sport seats uncomfortable before. I sat in the rear of the G21 to see what the leg room was like, for passengers sat behind me, the seat felt too firm and all wrong to me. Has something changed with the latest models?

How do you guys find the sport seats, particularly those who have owned previous generation 3-series?
Appreciate 2
Isow319.00
Wayner64.50