10-23-2019, 01:35 PM   #15
coladin
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Another dumb review from C&D. Not everybody buys on price. How is that hard to comprehend. Genesis is inferior, tranny is slow, back seat for a sedan is nonexistent. This is analogous to compacting a shitty men's warehouse suit for few hundred versus a Corneliani suit and then arguing their value. These products caters to a different clientele.

I test drove the genesis 3.3T and was willing to even consider the G20 330i M Sport then. Now I have the M340i, there's no contest. Non of these cars are clear winners in all categories but the bimmer is the top performer. It may not sound as good or shift as aggressive as the C43 but it still kills it in acceleration and that is quite remarkable.

I agree. I did not even consider the Hyundai. Call me a badge snob, but I am not driving a Kia or a Genesis, no matter how good they are.

You might as well do a proper comparison with an S4, C43, XE, etc...which is what most around here would be cross shopping.

All the strong points are...strong. The car is excellent. Personally, the Genesis competes with the Passat, Accord, Camry and is a notch above those...fine. That is where those buyers want something a little more, but not the premium group of cars.

And that is a lot of money for Hyundai. Period.
Appreciate 3