2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
I think their conclusion rather misses the point. The review makes it clear that M340 is the better car in most aspects that people care about, including practicality. With that as a baseline, I think the price difference is not as relevant as they make it out to be. I think for most people, if you can afford the better car, you buy the better car. You don't sit down and think "is that car worth $12k more than the other one"! After all, there is no way you could say a Ferrari is $150k better than an M3, but if someone can afford the Ferrari, 9 times out of 10 they will buy it.
lol, we're not talking about Ferraris here. In this price range, people are still thinking about value. Shoot, even while shopping for $150k cars, I know people that hem and haw over $1000 options.

The price difference between the cars is about 20%. That's significant in the entry luxury market. Also, as the review states, the G70 has things that it does better as well. The review says the main reason the BMW won was because it drove a bit better. Let's be honest, most people even on these forums ask questions like "should I get the M340i or the X3 M40i?", most people even on the forums don't care about driving dynamics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloblaw View Post
Man, cars are getting so fast. When I had my Z4MC I thought it was super fast. Now, barely 10 years later, it would get walked by a damn Hyundai G70 lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjohnsonsg View Post
I think their conclusion rather misses the point. The review makes it clear that M340 is the better car in most aspects that people care about, including practicality. With that as a baseline, I think the price difference is not as relevant as they make it out to be. I think for most people, if you can afford the better car, you buy the better car. You don't sit down and think "is that car worth $12k more than the other one"! After all, there is no way you could say a Ferrari is $150k better than an M3, but if someone can afford the Ferrari, 9 times out of 10 they will buy it.
lol, we're not talking about Ferraris here. In this price range, people are still thinking about value. Shoot, even while shopping for $150k cars, I know people that hem and haw over $1000 options.

The price difference between the cars is about 20%. That's significant in the entry luxury market. Also, as the review states, the G70 has things that it does better as well. The review says the main reason the BMW won was because it drove a bit better. Let's be honest, most people even on these forums ask questions like "should I get the M340i or the X3 M40i?", most people even on the forums don't care about driving dynamics.
What?????

Don't care about driving dynamics?!

What are you 🥜 I kid I kid 😆

BMW is/was sold on the
Ultimate Driving Experience

I drove the M340 aggressively/spirited.

I felt like I was beating on the car.

Getting back in my F80; the enthusiastic driving is EFFORTLESS!!!!

M340 is a sweet ride though!
Appreciate 0