Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MTFTMFW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
A lot of insecure BMW owners really owning up to the stereotype here. You know Kia and Genesis are making good cars when you see these types of comments on a BMW forum, lol.

KIA is a brand Hyundai bought. Saying Genesis is a Kia is like saying BMW is a Mini (UKL platform cars anyone?) or that Mercedes is Smart. The G70 platform was developed as a purpose built luxury car platform that Kia shared as an affordable halo car. That doesn't 'make the G70 a Kia, not that that is even a bad thing these days. That just means Kia makes a car with a luxury car platform.

I've never owned or leased a Kia, Hyundai, or Genesis product in my life, but I don't tie my self-worth to the badge on my car so I can admit that they make good cars.
it's not insecurity, it's just a mismatch comparo
Just because kia stole german sell-outs engineers and hudai paid for these dumb comparos doesn't make those 2 cars on the same list.

what's next? velociter vs 911? and kia will win 'cause it's 1/3 the price?

The only car company that could build up to MB/BMW/Audi/Porsche level is Lexus and maybe partially Infiniti.
But Toyota makes amazing cars not like kia/huidai with their "me-too" cars to compete and undercut Camry/Civic/Accord/Corolla by 1-2K
Toyota make the best "real" SUVs in the world, sorry break-everyday Land Rover, it's true. Toyota makes amazing luxury cars and SUVs and could be elevated to other luxury brands with their Lexus line.
kia/huidai is not gonna get there, ever, not with their stupid Bentley wanna be logos or cute Genesis names.

Again, the only person who will buy a Kia over BMW is a person who wants to save money and pretend like it's almost as good. Those are who these type of reviews are catering to.

Reminds me of a guy wearing Invicta arguing with Submariner owner. Oh your Sub is only 300m WR well my Invicta has 1000m water resistance...Who cares, you just chuckle and walk away.
Lol @ Submariners example. The most overrated and cliche watch in the world ever. As shite as Invictas are part of me would be rooting for the dude with the Invicta!!! lol

Your post has perfectly captured everything wrong with badge snobbery!

You're saying a Veloster vs. 911 comparison is like this Hyundai vs. 3er? Well you're wrong. The G70 is in a similar class of car and has every right to be compared.