View Single Post
      10-24-2019, 05:54 PM   #110
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

The commentary from the review about the busy suspension and iDrive7 being difficult told me the reviewer was lacking seat time to fully understand the car... Probably had the suspension set aggressive and the iDrive has a learning curve that requires time to understand. I guarantee the same reviewer would be whistling a different tune if they had to live with the M340 for a month of commutes.

Important note to anyone researching buying between the two cars:

The price discrepancy is completely overstated when you start optioning the two cars out and researching the market. For starters, some of the extras in the review place the M340i beyond what the G70 offers. So cancel those options to make it an apples-to-apples comparison.

The M340i comes standard with a sports package and lots of other equipment for a base $54K. On the other hand, you need to take a base G70 and add the $5,600 sport package like they did in the review to make the cars anywhere near comparable. Now you need to take the base M340i and add premium package, driving assistance, 19" performance wheels, premium leather/ambient lighting, dynamic suspension, and park distance to make it a $51,245 vs $60,750 apples to apples comparison. Now head over to truecar and do market research on what sort of deal you can expect to get. There's less margin in the G70... so with good negotiating skills, expect to pay 49.5K for the aforementioned G70 and expect to pay $55.5K for the M340i. So the price discrepancy on average is $6K for a clearly superior car. It's not "a new Nissan Versa more" as the article erroneously suggests.

This often mentioned price discrepancy advantage is a load of crap peddled by Genesis apologists who won't accept that their car, based on its own merits, cannot stand up to BMW's latest engineering effort. Knowledge is power, so do your research and be an informed consumer. Feel free to copy/paste this in the car and driver comments section if you have a posting account there.

Last edited by Giggler; 10-24-2019 at 08:33 PM..
Appreciate 3
Fuller1216.50
EXE462100.00