01-08-2020, 09:35 PM   #57
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumodoc View Post
So installed a JB+ today as well. Thanks to VipinLJ for the tips and answering my PM. The hardest part, by far, is getting that damn stock clip off. I was able to slide the grey part of the clip completely off, and even then it was a struggle to wiggle it off. It finally came off though, and was a breeze thereafter.

I placed mine basically at around 1:30 (between noon and the default 3 o clock position). This seems to be right around 60-65% from max. I haven't driven it hard, but no CEL, still smooth around town. I took one or two aggressive take offs, and it feels like it pulls harder, and the amount of hesitation is much smaller. It definitely feels like the torque is higher at low RPMs.

Also: my fuel is 92 Octane (Costco Top Tier gas in Washington State).

Overall, pretty nice upgrade for very little money. Will take it off when I go in for dealer visits, obviously because I think it will be really fast to take on/off. May wait a while until after my next oil change to consider increasing further, but i'm pretty happy so far.
Oh I forgot to mention that. I slid the damn thing right off too. The black clip the grey one locks onto is the one that locks the harness in place. That’s why it had to be wiggled a bit. Sliding a screw driver under the black bit and lifting it up pops the plug right off.
And yes. It works for sure. I’ve read mixed opinions about whether there was an adaptation period or not. But yea. Looking forward to taking her out sometime soon for a longer spin.
And if all is well, I’ll bump it up to max and see what happens
Appreciate 0