Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRetroGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
My September build came with the standard black BMW key. Rarely use it though. I use my S10+ as the key most of the time and have the key card in my wallet as backup.
Mine was built in Feb and came with white key, but it will also be a backup that lives in my wallet. In a minimalist carbon fiber wallet, one more card does not make a noticeable difference in footprint, and it might come in handy in certain situations. I travel often, and once while staying in a hotel that had in-room washer and dryer, made the mistake of leaving a keyfob in a pair of jeans as it went through the washer (and it was the only key I had on me). Luckily it still worked, but if not I would have been stuck out of town without a way to open/start my vehicle.

Once iPhones support digital key, that will most likely be my primary. Remote start on the keyfob is very handy however, so I might miss that. Nothing quite like the tactile feedback of a button.
Not to hijack this thread, but what type of minimalist wallet are you using? I have been looking for awhile.