View Single Post
      10-05-2018, 04:44 PM   #331
Dreamerbimmer
Rep
Drives: 2016 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG View Post
If you're in the North American Marketplace (United States and Canada) like me, I'm sure you're NOT thrilled to hear about the unexpected news about our beloved 3 Series being manufactured in Mexico - not in Germany, not in South Carolina U.S.A, but in Mexico where everything goes to die. Once anything is farmed out to China or Mexico it, without fail, usually goes to SHIT. I've seen this happen with so many iconic brands that once manufactured great products only to see their products turn into total CRAP.

I was very leery when BMW first started manufacturing cars in the United States in South Carolina. It took them a while to get up to snuff, but now it’s on par with Germany. The fit and finish and build quality have gone up drastically, and there’s a culture of pride for the vehicles they produce that wasn’t originally there. But once manufacturing is farmed-out south of the border, I guarantee build quality will go south with it. It is all about saving costs, which will not be passed on to us customers and BMW enthusiasts.

I feel manufacturing the cars in Mexico is total sacrilege, and I don't care about tariffs and whatnot. The whole point of wanting to buy, own and drive a BMW is because of it’s German heritage, German design and of meticulous German manufacturing. It’s part of the BMW mystique and what we, as customers, are paying a premium for. German Engineering and German Build Quality mean something! It makes a statement and that is what you are paying for. After all it is THE car that has set the high standards that every other car manufacture tries to follow regarding luxury, sportiness, and build quality – they don’t call a BMW “The Ultimate Driving Machine” for nothing.

If you are a lover of the iconic BMW 3 Series that has been the benchmark for sporting sedans of the automotive industry for decades, then call BMW of North America’s Headquarters in New Jersey at 1(800) 831-1117 ex 5819 and speak to the Head of Customer Service to voice your honest opinions, concerns, and feelings about your favorite auto brand making a terrible decision td chat may destroy the reputation of the brand and diminish the value of your cars.

Yours truly,
DCG
My Mazda is made in Mexico and it has one of the highest reliability ratings in Consumer Reports magazine. My iPhone (and yours too) is made in China and is quite reliable too.

Crappy products are made by crappy companies regardless of where they are actually made. Sure, there will be teething problems as manufacturing is moved to Mexico, but it will have very little to do with Mexico and Mexicans.
Appreciate 1
pz6193280.00