View Single Post
      11-20-2019, 09:38 AM   #210
ted99
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former i3>330e, 528i>X5>530e

Living in South Texas, a RWD iX3 will appeal to me. In fact, if offered the option to order it RWD, only, with AWD available, I would order RWD. I have a 330e lease tolling next June and want a Full EV to replace it. Under consideration are the iX3, M-B EQC, Volvo XC40 and the "Mustang" EV. I think that paying over $75K for an EV that will be available in the 2020 time frame is foolish because of the rapid advances in EV tech. BMW's iX3, the i4 and the iNext with their Gen 5 EV tech will probably be as good as things get until solid state batteries are available. Cost (I can afford any of these, but I didn't get to be able to do that by being foolish with my money) is why I ruled out the Audi eTron and it will probably rule out the M-B EQC, as well. The Ford is priced correctly for it's capabilities and I placed a pre-order deposit, but hanging the "Mustang" nameplate on it is a total turn-off to my wife. She does not want to be a part of the cohort that own's Mustangs (Back in the day, I owned a '65 Shelby GT350 but that was then). So, it won't be the "Mustang". I also have a pre-order deposit on the Volvo full EV XC40, which if priced at the base Mustang level , is a winner. This is a second in-town vehicle as my ordered 2020 530e will do intercity duty. At the moment, I don't know whether I would prefer the RWD iX3 or the Volvo and it will probably hinge on delivered price and date of availability. I want the second vehicle to have fording capability of at least 12" because of flooded intersections several times a year in Houston. By the time I'm ready to trade the 530e, I expect we'll have solid state batteries and my primary car will be an EV. I had a 2014 i3 and two PHEV's so I'm sold on electrification, but I'm not going to take a bath the way I did on the i3. "Fool me once...."
Appreciate 0