Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8566 View Post
I drove a new 2019 BMW M340 for a couple of days. It is an amazing car. It has very strong acceleration and it handles well. The interior is relatively quiet and it gets excellent fuel economy on the highway. Over the course of 350 mainly highway miles, at an average speed of about 75MPH the car returned 37MPG. One thing I did not like was the lane keeping technology. If the car drifts towards the outside of a lane the car is nudged back into the lane, which is fine. However, if you signal a lane change the nannies do not kick in. I did try to change lanes without signaling and the car reacted in a disconcerting manner. I was able to override the lane keeping software, but not before the car strongly tried to keep the car in my lane. In fact, the car actually felt "sloppy" and disconcerting when I forced the lane change without signaling. This could be problematic in a panic lane change situation. My verdict is that it is a great car. And, as long as you always signal a lane change you'll be fine with the lane keeping technology.
It's interesting that you think there's any situation where you wouldn't use two hands and your turn signal when changing lanes. This is a BMW forum so I shouldn't be surprised. I guess the stereotype of bad BMW drivers is true.
Appreciate 0