View Single Post
      01-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #52
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
No one on this forum is going to accurately predict if the ICE phase out should be 2030/2040/2050.
No points are deducted for incorrect guesses. True, no points lost for jumping on the "sky-is-falling", reactionary, hand waving bandwagon either, but I like to think that the community has more imagination than that. And, as an aside, I will continue to move the purely political mud slinging elsewhere since that has no place in this thread nor this forum.

Quote:
I think the point some people are trying to make is that it is obvious from this interview that BMW has a very conservative approach to offering a competitive mix of BEV vehicles, and as a result, it's costing them sales.
It is costing them sales, but it's costing everyone else sales too.

BMW did drop the ball in not following up the i3 with a more diverse pure electric product portfolio. They had the advantage of being an earlier adopter, but they largely squandered it. They also lack a scalable dedicated EV vehicle architecture. These are fair criticisms. But they aren't the only one still building ICE vehicles, and they aren't the only automaker who will be doing so well into the future. Froehlich comes off as reluctant, and there is certainly some of that. I think there is also a point where you grow tired of all the rhetoric, and you know that those asking the questions aren't going to be satisfied regardless of what answers you give.
Appreciate 2
SamS865.50
clee1982797.50