United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 Dct mineral white

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetm340 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by john!smith View Post

0-60mph in 3,45 sec on snowtires
Hey all! Thanks for taking the time to check out my car. First off, I really don't do anything on forums, so I apologize if I break any rules or etiquette. I was made aware of this thread, which is why I created an account and decided to jump in.

I'll quickly address the car: I started with JB4 and nothing else. I then quickly switched to a custom tune by Eurodynamic Tuning, BMS intake, and VRSF downpipe. We've been testing what we can in order to keep the car as nice of a daily driver as possible (I drive at least 60 miles per day), while making as fun as possible.

In reference to the who needs an M3 comment(s): The answer is easy... I do! I fully plan on ordering a G80 when the allocations come out. My wife and I purchased 3 new BMWs last year, and two of them are "M40" models (M340 and X3 M40). I love the car, and I can't really find stuff "wrong" with it, but there's still room for things that I want more of, and that's where the G80 comes in.

The M340 is a great step into high end performance at mid-range cost, and I think that's where the comparisons need to be made. It's not an M car, but it's a good car.
+1

OP this statement was much needed as the owner of this fine car. I think non M owners fail to realize the majority of M owners either own or have owned non M cars at one time or another but also understand an M car is an M car for a reason. If the M340xi is that good as a new generation 3 series I can only anxiously wait for the goodness the next generation M3/M4 - G80/G82 has in store.
Appreciate 5
ra2289303.50
jmg18658.50
zamboni1127.50
shoei7779.00
dezzracer1182.50