View Single Post
      04-11-2024, 10:06 AM   #888
moghm
Private
Rep
Drives: F20, 2012 120d

Awesome. Where did u get the 'Velcro trunk organizing ‘walls'' from please and that rope ? Not sure if it will fit in my g20 330e though. Is this a BMW oem part ? Many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post

While not a G20, I am the proud new owner of a 2024 G26 and these are the minor mods and purchases I’ve made here in the first few days of ownership.

First would be my favorites, Painted Reflectors from IND and M-Sport fender badges from ECS Tuning. The reflectors really clean up the front fender and the badges are a nice touch restoring the car to Euro spec.

Next I was having the CarPlay GPS “drift” issue despite having a car that just came off the production line running the 03/2023.58 iDrive 8 firmware. So I got my service department to update me to the brand new 07/2023.35 version and so far so good. Fingers crossed it works.

Note that those with iDrive 8 will get a new Gauge Display that has different fonts and spacing on many elements. The font is that M4 look, very space-age, very modern. And now the fonts don’t match the fonts on the Control Display which isn’t great.

Next is a small thing but really useful, a short 4” USB-C to Lightning cable so that on long trips when wireless charging would overheat I have a solution for the armrest that doesn’t get a lot of long wire in the way.

This one is a real favorite, it’s an EZ-Pass concealer, a silicone wrap for the transponder (hides the white color in the interior) and a plastic suction mount (hides the white color on the exterior). Kind of hard to see in the exterior photo….and that’s the entire point!

The next area of importance for me is cargo organization, it’s one of the main reasons I left my Convertible and got back into a Gran Coupe. It’s a great space, so many use cases, but I needed a way to hold those horrible Tyvek reusable shopping bags that are mandated by my state and these Velcro trunk organizing ‘walls’ are just perfect. Extends the usefulness of the two wheel well cubbies by allowing you to put larger/taller things in there.

Along these same lines, these flat bungee cords are the perfect length to stretch between the two cargo rings and create enough tension to hold things that might otherwise fly around the hatch. My old X5 had something similar to hold my son’s sport water bottle and I really missed them. They stay out of the way but are there when you need them.

That’s it! Been a busy week. Thanks to all who contributed here and provided inspiration.
Appreciate 0