View Single Post
      11-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #107
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
The Niners UGLY and win ONLY because of the DEFENSE!!

The Niners only managed 3 FGs in the 1st 1/2 and only 1 passing TD in the 3rd quarte to for 16 points which was enough to win ONLY because of HUGE defensive plays including FIVE interceptions (2 that were in or near the end zone) that held the Giants to only 1 TD & a FG. The Giants still had a chance to win w/a minute to go and took a 4 down defensive series (resulting in 4 incomplete passes) at the end for the Niners to hold on to the win at 16-10, despite NO rushing TDs the entire game and no scoring at all in the 4th quarter.

The win was significant because KC beat the Seahawks to put the Niners in a 6-4 tie with the Hawks behind the Cards, who won despite the loss of Carson and are now 9-1 (currently the best record in the NFL). Don't think the Niners or Hawks have any chance of overtaking the Cards for the Division Title but they are still in the running for a playoff berth if they can make it to 10-6 or better.

The Niners have win at least 4 of the remaining 6 games (including 2 against the Hawks, 1 against the Cards and 3 vs the Redskins, Raiders and Chargers) to do this. It won't be easy BUT, if the defensive can play as well as it has the past 2 weeks, it should be enough to keep the Niners close enough to win, even if the offense continues to bog down and sputter as it has most of the year.

PS: If the Niners are Hawks falter, keep an eye out for the Rams (4-6) who already beat both the Hawks & Niners this year and just beat the BRONCOs too!!!!

GO NINERS!!

Last edited by SSW; 11-17-2014 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0