View Single Post
      01-13-2020, 09:54 PM   #7
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

So I scanned my car using my OBD adapter and a couple of apps I downloaded from google play. Unfortunately, it doesn’t show any errors except for a front electronics (FEM_BODY) 804081 (No description found) that I can’t seem to clear.
On the iDrive, it shows a Check control message saying “Engine start only when idling” and the “i” in the instrument cluster pops up saying “start engine only with no gear engaged.” The message on the instrument cluster only pops up for a few seconds when I unlock the car and it goes away after I start the car (the “i” still remains though). The message on the iDrive stays till I hit “close message” and pops up the next time I turn the ignition on. When I go to vehicle settings, there’s an exclamation mark in a triangle pointing at the hood of the car with this check control message.
I was wondering if there was ANY software that could be used to clear up that message for good. I don’t want to take it in to the service centre since they’re an hour away and I don’t have to go towards that side for any other reason and the car drives and works perfectly except for this annoying message on the iDrive every time I turn the ignition on (only when I turn the car completely off and back on does it pop up).
Or, if someone could help me (remotely or not) get rid of the message, I’d be extremely glad and even willing to pay for their time and effort.

Any ideas or help will be appreciated.

Edit - Long pressing the BC button on the indicator stalk does nothing. It doesn’t even bring up the message on the live cockpit. Just toggles through the options on the tachometer side like it is supposed to do.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige

Last edited by VipinLJ; 01-14-2020 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0