04-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #20
-EndOfAnEra-
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorkyg View Post
Also share your thoughts on tech, material, luxury etc. when you get the chance, Enjoy the new car, looks great!

Although I haven't got mine yet, I was pleasantly surprised during my test drives. 3 feels like a 5 in terms of luxury, and a 5 almost feels like a 7. Both in terms of size, luxury, and tech.

Cars really improved a lot in the last decade on this aspect.obviously, not everyone is a huge fan of the size but I like the size of the 3 as I might sometimes use it with my family as well.
Thanks! The size is definitely as large as I'd like it to be for a fun car, but for a family car it's perfect. For more tech and feature thoughts, please see my delivery thread here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Awesome review!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
I actually came to see this post for your E90 pics due to nostalgia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
haha I wanted to see the E90 pics as well!
Well why didn't ya say so? I have BOATLOADS of those!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitz View Post
Another win for the e90 (at least that's how I'm taking it lol)
For now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy4GC View Post
Great and accurate review! I've had my M340 X-Drive since last June. So, coming up on a year. I drove, and still have, a 2015 428 GC before my 3 series. Close, but kind of like comparing apples to oranges. 240HP 4 cylinder doesn't come close in comparison to the B58.

The weather finally broke in Chicagoland and I put a set of Pilot Sport 4S's on for the summer. I am even more in love with this car!
Awesome, thanks! You'll enjoy those, I know I'm enjoying mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddien123 View Post
E90 is hard to beat. In a lot of ways I prefer my old 328 to my f30 335. Drove the m340 and it was stupid fast but it didn't do it for me. I have an e36 m3 so compared to that everything feels heavy and bloated. Nice review tho hope you enjoy the car!
It's a key question for me. Even towards the end with the E90 I found myself asking if it would be better with less power and more responsiveness. It's one of the reasons the Mazda my wife has is genuinely fun to drive. But that power... is intoxicating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
I find that in M cars especially that comfort is always the best mode. None of them have brimming feedback () but, as you go up the modes the heft increases but it doesn't feel natural in its build/progression. Comfort essentially feels the most normal, and sport plus feels synthetic.
I'd heard that too, but I'm not touching the "is it a proper M car" dialogue with a thirty-foot pole!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlejoEvo View Post
Are those the grills that many people complains about??
Why yes, yes they are! I'm keeping the cerium as long as I can stand it because it just looks RIGHT on a Black Sapphire G20 to me. If I change, it will be for a black frame with the bright diamonds as some have done. I love the contrast!
Appreciate 1
Gorkyg48.00