View Single Post
      09-29-2020, 01:08 PM   #8
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvuitton View Post
Hello everyone!

I'm a little new to this forum, so please accept my apologies in advance if my question has already been answered.

I'm interested in ordering a G22 but am a little nervous to pull the trigger. I've never special ordered before and have always been lucky with my dealer's stock. Thus, I have no idea what the order process is like. My dealer made it seem like I just give them the specs I want and that's it.

But is that really it? Did you have to pay a deposit? Did you negotiate the deal before you ordered? Are dealers less willing to negotiate on a lease with a special ordered car? Is there anything you wish you would have known about the process that you think a rookie should know about?

Thanks in advance!

this is what I suggest.

1. goto BMW website and build out your exact spec and get the build number/code
2. give your build code to your dealer that you want to work with. They can do a quick vehicle search and see if your specs are available on a lot somewhere else and they can dealer trade for you. If not you will have to order.
3. before you order go over pricing and get everything in writing. If the numbers look good, place the order.
4. Lock in programing with your dealer. lock in is 90 days for west coast dealers and 60 days for east coast dealers. You have to take delivery of the car within your locked time in order for you to pick which months programs work best for you. (credit app will be run)
5. order placed.
6. MAKE SURE YOU GET A PRODUCTION NUMBER, otherwise your dealer doesn't' have a allocation. No allocation no build.
7. once car starts production you are looking at 6-8 weeks till you get.

any other questions or quotes feel free to shoot my guy Jimmy Miller an email jmiller@stevethomasbmw.com he is super helpful and dials in all the forums members for us

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 2