View Single Post
      12-30-2019, 05:59 PM   #74
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisJ View Post
Can anyone explain the seeming fixation with turning ASS off?

Most people seem to think it is 'meant to save fuel but it actually doesnt' or something along those lines, hence wanting to turn it off.

However, ASS stops engines from creating noise and causing emissions, e.g. In cities at red lights etc...

If every car emits a couple grams less CO2 a day, imagine how many tonnes per day could be saved all across the US/globe... Engine start is quick so unless you plan on a drag race at every intersection, I fail to see the need.

I guess most Americans won't care but still.
I personally hate that slight hesitation/stuttering sensation when it comes back on. Especially when I'm trying to make an evasive manoeuvre. Even my wife (who knows nothing or who couldn't care less about cars) hates it in her car as well and has said it can feel dangerous (I guess you get used to it). She turns hers off as part of the start up procedure as well. Thankfully I press sport every time I drive the G20 so it defeats the auto start/stop with it. My Audi you had to turn to Sport and turn it off independent of one another.
Appreciate 0